Hosting a party is all about smoke and mirrors. Make the food and ambiance insanely fabulous with minimal behind-the-scenes effort. Cue the Crostini Bar. Your answer to your Grammys Party menu.
For a party host, a Crostini Bar is a dream — it’s low maintenance with high curb appeal. Bonus points because you’re not standing around serving people. Instead, you offer up a slew of toppings along with toasted crostini and let guests go crazy. For the more conservative palates, stick to the classic Tomato Bruschetta and for the more adventurous types, offer more interesting pairings like Goat Cheese with Roasted Beets or Avocado with Smoked Salmon. Don’t forget their sweet tooth — dessert crostinis, like Honey Ricotta and Fresh Strawberries, make a fab alternative to a blasé tray of cupcakes.
Check out these recipes for each of these below from Dzung Lewis of Honeysuckle, then get those invites out!
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Cut the baguette in half-inch to one-inch diagonal slices. Place on a baking sheet.
- Rub garlic clove directly onto the slices.
- For savory toppings, brush each slice with olive oil. For sweet toppings, brush with melted butter.
- Toast in the oven 8 to 10 minutes until the slices are golden brown and crunchy on the outside.
Goat Cheese with Roasted Beets
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Peel and thinly slice the beets. Toss in a bowl with 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 teaspoon Kosher salt until evenly coated. Arrange on a foil-lined baking sheet so that the slices don’t touch. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until fork-tender.
- Slice off the skin and pith of the orange flesh. Cut between the membranes into a v-shape.
- Spread a generous amount of goat cheese onto each crostini baguette slice. Top with 2 pieces of arugula, 2 to 3 slices of roasted beets, an orange slice, and a drizzle of balsamic glaze.
Avocado with Smoked Salmon
- In a small bowl, mash the avocado with the juice from the lime.
- Spread the avocado-lime mixture onto the crostini toasts and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Top the avocado spread with a slice of smoked salmon.
- Garnish with a large shaving of parmesan cheese
Honey Ricotta with Strawberries
- Spoon ricotta cheese onto the ricotta cheese, then drizzle with honey.
- Place two pieces of strawberries on each crostini. Top with lemon zest.
Honeysuckle is a food and lifestyle YouTube channel that showcases personal style expressed through food, beauty tips, and home entertaining ideas. Make sure to also follow on Instagram!