The Sunday night blues are real, but they don’t have to be. Nix the scaries before they start with these tips for closing the weekend on a high note.
We’ve all been there: the sun starts to slip away on a Sunday evening and sadness ensues as another weekend comes to a close. No matter how much you love your job, it’s hard to see a good thing go. Keep the blahs at bay with some of our favorite ways to end the weekend.
- Get your s**t done on Saturday. Conquer the bulk of your to-do list on Saturday so you have the rest of the weekend free to play. You’ll also feel less guilty about snoozing your way into Sunday, if that’s more your style.
- Hit up the farmers’ market. Hit your local stand and scoop up seasonal fruits and veggies, some fresh blooms, or a succulent or two. Make sure to score some free samples while you’re at it.
- Brunch with friends. What’s a lazy Sunday without a long lunch? Just make sure you get an early start if bottomless beverages are involved.
- Online shop. Retail therapy might be our favorite pastime. You don’t have to blow your whole week’s budget, just treat yourself to a little something that will make you feel pretty.
- Crack open a book. It’s harder to prioritize leisurely reading once the work week hits. Take advantage of your free time and finally get into that beach read you picked up weeks ago.
- Do a mask. Facial masks are having a moment and Sunday evening is the perfect time to try out a new one. Slather up and kick back, then face Monday feeling refreshed. (Bonus points if you deep condition your hair at the same time.)
- Get in the kitchen. We love winding down with a good Sunday supper, so pour yourself a glass of wine and cook something Pinterest-worthy. Want one less thing to worry about? Make a little extra and consider Monday night dinner done, too.
- Netflix and chill. Clean up your DVR and catch up on your latest series. We’re currently streaming Stranger Things.
- Check your sched. Take a peek at what Monday has in store so you can sleep easy and make sure your week gets off to a smooth start.
- Get some shut eye. Beauty sleep is vital so use Sunday as a chance to sneak in some extra Zzzs. You’ll wake up ready to rock the new week.