Whether you’re rocking a corner penthouse suite or one end of a communal table, primping your office can make your home away from home a far happier experience.
If your idea of office décor ranges from mid-century clutter to post-it-note chic, we’ve got ways to spruce your space with little impact on the budget. Updated digs can help make you more productive, energetic and easy-going, not to mention a more civilized cube dweller.
Take these ideas for a spin:
1. Got empty frames? Hang ’em anyway. These statement pieces stand alone or fill them them inspirational quotes when the mood strikes.
2. Spring for matching office accessories. The less random and collegiate-looking your space, the more polished your digs — and you — appear. We love using vintage cocktail glasses as holders for pens, tealights and other accessories, but you opt for a more pro-looking set from Kate Spade, Jonathan Adler or Urban Outfitters.
3. Know those rings your coffee cups and water make on the desk? A glam set of coasters adds a touch of sleek style and prevent that overly lived-in look.
6. Up your foliage game with virtually maintenance-free airplants. We love the ones from airplantman, which you can use on your desk or suspended from walls.
7. Jazz up fabric cube walls with motivational sayings or artistic prints. You can score a bunch free online. We like them staggered in multiple sizes and shapes for a collage effect.
10. Swap clutter for inspo. File your stacks or organize them into drawers then fill the open space with whatever gets creative juices flowing and keeps you in the zone. Think trinkets, quirky objects or your favorite magazine images-turned-vision board.