Let’s be honest: You’ve got different looks for different moments in your life and we’re here for you to do you. That’s why we’re asking you to help create the #LetsBeHonest Lookbook, a collection of looks inspired by real women and the honest reasons we wear makeup.
We shot members of the Honest Beauty team and asked them to put their own spin on our signature looks. Next up is the amazing Tati.
Where you’re from and what beauty is like there (beachy and easy, big curls and false eyelashes, etc.):
I’m from Southern California, I think for the day, women love full lashes and fresh skin, whereas for a night out a smoky eye topped with flowy waves.
Tell us about your #LetsBeHonest look and why you chose it:
My #LetsBeHonest look was Glam. I chose it because I always love adding a touch of glam to my routine before work or a for a night out. If you look good, you feel even better and I believe my look will provide women with that feeling.
Who or what is your beauty inspiration?
My beauty inspiration is Kerry Washington. Not just because she is the only African-American female to lead a No. 1 show, but she also plays such a strong female role that audiences are captivated by her talent not her race. When you break barriers created by society that is true beauty.
What’s the best and/or worst beauty advice you’ve gotten?
Always use an eye shadow primer in order to prevent creasing.
What product can’t you live without?
What’s your favorite Honest Beauty Product?
I’m obsessed with Honest Beauty Concealer Duo in Perfecting Pecan. The shade on the left of the duo is my perfect match!
If you were an Honest Beauty Lip Gloss, what shade would you be (Dreamy, Kind, Generous, Creative, Inspired, Playful)?
How long do you take to get ready in the AM?
One hour. I like to take my time. The process is almost like meditation being it is the only time I get to myself before starting my workday.
What’s the most interesting place you’ve applied makeup?
My leg. For the longest time, I had a stubborn scar that would not fade, so I would use concealer mixed with self-tanner to neutralize its appearance.
Be Honest: Do you wash your face before you go to bed?
Yes, always. But if I’m being lazy, makeup remover wipes are a great substitute.
Finish this sentence: #LetsBeHonest, I wear makeup because:
it completes my outfit.
Tati’s “First Impressions Last” Look
- Apply the darkest shade (Shade 2) of the Soft Sand Eyeshadow Trio all over the eyelid. Layer the product to get really great color payoff. Using the same color, apply to lower lashes and blend outwards to elongate the eyes.
- I love a great feline eye and always wing out my eyeliner. Trace Truly Black eye pencil along the upper lashes. Thicken the line near the outer corner for an almond shape. Drag the eye pencil outward, using the lower lash line as a guide for the wing. Perfect the liner with a flat eyeliner brush. Add the black pencil right into the lower lash line.
- Using the black shadow from the Smoky Grey Eyeshadow Trio, define the outer V of the eye and blend out any harsh lines.
- With my ring finger, I dab a touch of shimmer right onto the center of my lid to take this look to the next level.
- Apply lash primer to upper and lower lashes. Use 2-3 coats of mascara on upper and lower lashes for a dramatic effect
- I generally avoid a lot of color on my cheeks when doing a bold eye, so I take just the smallest amount of Créme Blush and apply just to the apples of my cheeks.
- For a soft pink lip, my combo is Sheer Raspberry Kiss Lip Crayon with Dreamy Kiss Lip Gloss.
Key products: Everything Foundation in Cocoa; Concealer Duo in Perfecting Pecan; Brow Filler in Rich Brunette; Soft Sand and Smoky Grey Eyeshadow Trios; True Velvet Eyeliner in Truly Black; Sheer Raspberry Kiss Lip Crayon; Dreamy Kiss Lip Gloss.