From a sexy smoked gaze to subtle stained lips, get the look that rocked Alexander Wang’s runway during New York Fashion Week.
This dream eye cream does more than just nourish skin and battle crow’s feet (although that makes us happy, too). Check out these off-radar ways to work this beauty into your routine.
Jessica’s A-list trick for amping up radiance in a hot minute. No yoga studio required.
Get your glow on in less time than it takes to brush your teeth or down your coffee. Honestly.
- Apply a tinted SPF. We love any SPF that provides coverage (it’s extra incentive to re-apply). Our pick? Everything Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 offers fabulous sun protection while giving smoother-looking skin.
- Top with a luminous primer. Everything Primer contains mica and orange blossom water which gives you a subtle golden glow that helps create a flawless look and mask fine lines and other “imperfections.”
We love this trick so much we’re pairing it with our snooze button and sleeping a few minutes longer during the work week.
Master DIY glam in minutes with these secret weapons (think luscious red lip) and a few simple steps then cue the selfies.
- Spritz two to three pumps of Hydration Mist on face and neck and let dry.
- Apply a thin layer of primer using clean fingertips.
- Dampen sponge and blend foundation into skin.
- Brush color to the hairline and edge of face, blending to ensure evenness.
- With your ring finger for the lightest touch, apply concealer to the highpoints of the face (bridge of nose, cheekbones) and beneath undereye near the waterline. Use a small brush to touch up.
BROWS Secret Weapon: Brow Filler in Rich Brunette
- Fully pencil in brows for more definition and intense color.
- Brush arches into shape for a dramatic look.
- Sweep shade 1 all over lid to the outer edge of the eye.
- Apply shade 2 in the outer corners as well as along the top and bottom lash line to create an elongated V. Using a cotton swab, clean up and define the color to create the shape you want.
- Blend shadow out to edges with a brush, without applying more shadow to the edges.
- Define the top of the lids with Truly Black liner.
- Line the bottom with the Truly Gold liner.
CHEEKS Secret Weapon: Créme Blush in Truly Teasing
- Using your fingertips, apply color to the apples of the cheeks and blend.
- Lightly brush Dusk Reflection luminizing powder all over the face for a lit-from-within glow.
- Using a brush, sweep Midnight Reflection over cheekbones and the bridge of the nose.
LIPS Secret Weapon: Truly Kissable Lip Crayon in Demi-Matte Strawberry Kiss
- Apply this warm matte red over lips. Layer over liner to deepen the hue or top with a gloss — we love Dreamy Kiss — for serious shine.
Snap and share your Glam Looks #LetsBeHonest #HonestlyGlam.
DIY with simple steps and secret weapons for a striking no-makeup makeup look.
If cold weather is wreaking havoc on your skin, test-drive this 2-minute, at-home trick for restoring hydration and leaving a spa-like glow. It’s like a trip to the esthetician sans the hit to the budget.
In winter, skin can become super fragile and dry thanks to indoor heat and fire places. In fact, it’s not unusual to wake up with ultra-parched, taut skin. Cleansing your face is the last thing on your mind. Instead of simply splashing with water, try this rad Konjac Sponge trick, a spa-like indulgence that revives skin so it feels refreshed, hydrated and renewed. (Same idea as immersing herbs or vegetables in water to bring them back to life, says our in-house beauty yoda). Here’s the how to:
- Thoroughly dampen sponge with warm or hot water.
- Massage skin in circular motions, sans cleanser, for 2 minutes.
- Rinse and glow.
For snowbirds and beach types who aren’t dealing with winter skin woes, try the same technique using cold water instead of hot.
Flawless looks are all about the radiance, whether you’re going glam or keeping it fresh-faced. Try one or all of these four steps to illuminate the face (and see what glow-getters made the cut for Jessica’s Most Wanted list):
- ROCK ALL-OVER RADIANCE There’s a reason this ultra-luminous liquid nabbed an Allure Best of Beauty award. It’s truly one of those “if I were stranded on a desert island with only one thing in my beauty bag” products. Yep, it really is that great. Jessica wears Everything Primer alone to create the perfect subtle glow or under foundation for a happy, healthy-looking radiance. It’s made with nourishing, antioxidant-rich ingredients and won’t clog pores.Did we mention it can be worn over foundation for a killer glow?! It’s the perfect win-win-win.
- LIGHT UP CHEEKBONES We love powder, but we don’t love that heavy, cakey finish. Lightweight Luminizing Powder is made from finely milled textured powder so it’s ideal for creating a subtle glow that instantly brightens and enhances your natural complexion. Three color options arm you for multiple looks from contouring to highlighting to bronzing. They’re mixable, blendable and versatile, making it a snap to light it up.
- HIGHLIGHT THE BRIDGE OF THE NOSE It’s safe to say that one of our biggest addictions at Honest Beauty HQ, aside from the snack jars, is Magic Balm. Its one-two punch of organic fruit extracts and botanical oils help soften and soothe skin, leaving a chic glow in its wake. No Photoshop necessary. Apply it in a C-curve from your temples down to your cheekbones and on the bridge of your nose for subtle sheen that lasts all day.
- AMP UP LIP WATTAGE Add some Lip Gloss to dial up the radiant look.