The dogs days of summer are here, beauties — don’t let the heat get the best of you. Grab a cold drink, hit the roof and chill out with these cool beats. And always keep your hydration mist handy.
Fun in the sun needs a soundtrack. Hit play on our splashy summer favorites and get ready to dance until dawn.
Whether you just woke up like this or need a little inspo to fuel your look, cue this playlist to instantly trigger a flirty, playful mood.
Meet Natalie Marte. She’s a twin with Spidey senses, Cali girl since birth and a diehard LA sports fan (ask her about the Bruins). You’ll find her at concerts, on the beach or chair dancing at her desk with high ball of green juice at her self-mani’ed fingertips. If you don’t love her highly curated taste in beer, you’ll fall for her playlist below. Grab a local artisan brew, hit Spotify and chill.
“Foreign Lovers” by Ra Ra Riot. Album = Need Your Light
“In the Air” by Ten Fé. Album = In the Air
“Take It or Leave It” by Great Good Fine OK. Album = Take it or Leave It
“Dancing on Glass” by St. Lucia. Album = Matter
“Seventeen” by Sjowgren. Album = Seventeen
“Space & Time” by FMLYBND. Album = Hearts on Fire
“All That and More” by Rainbow Kitten Surprise. Album = Seven + Mary
“Rollercoaster” by Bleachers, Charli XCX. Album = Terrible Thrills, Vol. 2
“Girls Like Me” by Will Joseph Cook. Album = Girls Like Me
“Never Ever” by STRFKR. Album = Never Ever
“Boys That Sing” by Viola Beach. Album = Boys That Sing
“Perfect World” by Allen Stone. Album = Radius
“07:41” by Still Parade. Album = 07:41
“Waiting for My Time to Come” by Colony House. Album = Waiting for My Time to Come
“Smile” by Mikky Ekko. Album = Time
You don’t need a special occasion to rock a fabulous red lip and lit-from-within radiance. All you need is a mindset that screams fabulous and jams to match. Use this lineup to inspire your look and skip the velvet rope.
Sure, your eyes say it all. But sometimes it helps to communicate by way of music just to reinforce your point. These 8 lyrical goddesses sing what we wish we would’ve said at more than one time in our lives. Click, listen, get your Chic Look on.
Meet Meg Marsh. Champion of the mantra “anything is possible with a green thumb, red lip and a couple carving knives” — you’ll have to ask her about that last one yourself. This old soul is The Honest Company’s UX Designer, self-appointed Venice Beach ambassador and, head’s up, amateur ceramics thrower, killing it everyday with an almost zero command of pop culture and the playlist she’s sharing below.
If you think her dinner parties are on fleek, check out her musical tastes (we dare you not to shoulder dance):
- My “driving home from work on Friday, (imaginary) top down” song
“She’s A Bad Mama Jama” by Carl Carlton
Album: Funk Funk
- My “dancing around the house in my underwear” song
“Shame” by Evelyn “Champagne” King
Album: Platinum & Gold Collection Evelyn “Champagne” King
- My “channeling my inner roller girl” song
“Get Off” by Foxy
Album: Get Off
- My “sipping coffee under the bougainvillea” Saturday morning song
“Rescue Song (RAC Remix)” by Mr. Little Jeans
Album: Celeste and Jesse Forever Soundtrack
- My “card sharkin’ on the beach on a lazy afternoon” song
“Grazing In The Grass” by The Friends Of Distinction
- My “up all night, turn that music down” song
“Deep End ft. Eastside & Mayer Hawthorne (Matoma Remix)” by Coucheron
Album: Deep End ft. Eastside & Mayer Hawthorne (Matoma Remix)
- My “staring up at the clouds on a Sunday morning” song
“Gypsy” by Fleetwood Mac
Album: Greatest Hits
- My “probably too drunk for the afternoon” song
“Something About You” by Hayden James
Album: Something About You (The Remixes)
- My “cooking for a dinner party, don’t let the weekend end” song
“Miss You (12″ Version)” by The Rolling Stones
Album: The Rolling Stones Singles Box Set
- My “party’s over, get out of my backyard” song
“This Must Be The Place” by Talking Heads
Album: The Best of Talking Heads
Meet Melissa Williams. Spin Class Junkie, Camping Enthusiast, Dog Lover (Sans Dog), Honest Beauty product manager extraordinaire, and the audiofile who stealthily commandeered our blog to inspire your weekend background noise. Cue the Spotify.
- My “where’s the Bloody Mary station” brunch song: “Sober” by Childish Gambino. Album: Kauai
- My “kickin’ off the weekend” song: “Lost” by Frank Ocean. Album: channel ORANGE
- My “cruising with the top down” song (Jeep sold separately): “Night Like This” by LP. Album = Forever For Now
- My “no clean clothes left” laundry blues song: “101” by WALLA. Single = 101
- My “getting glammed up to watch Netflix” song: “Pretty Young Thing” by Blondfire. Album = My Someday
- My “killing it in spinning class from the back row” energy booster: “I Follow Rivers – The Magician Remix” by Lykke Li. Album = I Follow Rivers (The Magician Remix)
- My “owning my living room dance floor” song: “Good Kisser – Disclosure Remix” by Usher. Album = Good Kisser (Disclosure Remix)
- My “online shoe shopping is not an addiction” song: “Cooler” by PHASES. Album = For Life
- My “I’m about to own the room” pre-party prep: “Ignition/Do You…(Mashup)” by Phoebe Ryan. Single = Ignition/Do You… (Mashup)
- My “someone invite me to their pool” lounge-around song: “Great Escape” by Washed Out. Album = Paracosm
Check them out, pair a song with your favorite look and share your inspiration. #LetsBeHonest