Up your game with a DIY #GNO look that’s all about the sultry smoky eye.
Dial up your street style and selfie traffic by complementing this season’s hottest sartorial trends with simple, one-step makeup looks. Check out these pairings and improv your own:
- Cut-Up Skirts + Contoured Cheeks — Temps may be nosediving, but skirt styles are keeping things hot. Slits, car wash pleats, fringe and strategically placed cut-outs show whispers of skin while adding a touch of movement. What pairs better with this playfully chic style than a more structured cheek? Opt for applying an illuminator in a dark shade in the hollows of the cheekbones just beneath the cheekbone blending up into the hairline. Dust highlighter or sweep balm onto cheekbones to add even more depth and glow.
- Monochromatic Grays + Metal Shadows — Gray gets a bad rap, but it happens to be one of the season’s least boring ways to style (50 Shades, notwithstanding…). From cozy oversized turtlenecks to sleek suit silhouettes, mixing patterns, textures and detailing keeps things interesting. Play up the season’s color of choice with shimmery gray accent shadows, bold monochromatic lids or a smoldering smoky eye.
- ’70s Vibes + ’70 Palettes — Channeling your inner Studio 54 doesn’t have to stop with flared bottoms, boho tops and disco-inspired dresses. Soft eyeshadows in marine blues and rich browns or lip colors in creamy mulberry and glistening pinks also capture the look.
- Bold Bags + Pops of Lip Color — This season’s most cheerful street styles are punctuated with bright bags in a range of vibrant reds and pinks. Make a matching statement with a pout just as showstopping and memorable in equally intense reds and vivid fuchsias. Keep clothes on the understated side so accessories — and lips — take centerstage.
- Fringe + More Fringe — Since fringe everything simply won’t jump the shark, jump on the bandwagon in a fresh way with ultra-dramatic lashes and liners. We’re taking beauty inspo straight from bags and booties to the eyes with insanely sky-high lashes and equally intense eyeliners. From smudged and smeared to severe and double cat eyed, this season’s “anything goes approach” to eyeliners plays nicely with the sexy fringe aesthetic.
- Lush Collars + Lustrous Glows — Whether faux fur, velvets, lace or cashmere, neck fashion (yep, that is a real thing) is all about texture and fabrics. Think chunky knits, lacy bands, high-drama collars and ’70s bow blouses. Rather than let your makeup compete, go with the glow by highlighting your skin’s radiance with primers and powders that play up your style and your flawlessness, not to mention the oft-neglected neckline.
- Purple-Pink Accents + Flush Cheeks — Fall’s yummiest take on pink is sort of pink, sort of purple and all kinds of gorgeous. We love sporting the look with the softest blush of color on the apples of our cheeks to brighten the face and enhance the fashion statement.
Snap and share your fave fashion inspo #LetsBeHonest.
How does Founder Jessica Alba get her glamorous game face on when introducing the world to her newest creation during New York Fashion Week? We like to call this her “New Kid on the Beauty Block” Look (and dare we say, it’s #runwayready).
Check out these honestly beautiful shots nabbed in her hotel room moments before she unveiled Honest Beauty at our exclusive, invite-only event. Score the How To below, straight from Jessica’s makeup artist, Jeanine Lobell and cue the camera flashes.
Wanna re-create your own Desk-to-Drinks look? It’s simple. Jessica and her makeup artist extraordinaire, Jeanine Lobell, used our fave new beauties: Eyeshadow Trio in Truly Magnetic Heather Mauve, Playful Kiss Lip Gloss, Truly Thrilling Créme Blush and Truly Lush Mascara + Primer. (And a special shout to Jonathan Saunders for the killer dress that earned bonus points for matching Honest Beauty packaging!)
Test-drive Jeanine’s How To:
“For Jessica’s launch look, I created the Honest version of a daytime smoky eye.
1) Using the Eyeshadow Trio in Truly Magnetic Heather Mauve, I swept over the lid to follow its shape with the medium shade. Then, I contoured with the deepest shade and smudged it for smokiness. I highlighted with the lightest shade and finished it off by using the eyeliner in Truly Cocoa to rim the inner eye. The shadows have a great color payoff!
2) I kept the cheek soft pink with Truly Thrilling Créme Blush, but balanced the eye with the Playful Kiss Lip Gloss.”
— Jeanine Lobell, makeup artist
1 Insanely Delicious Lip Shade, 3 Sexy Looks
Okay, we are officially obsessed with the ’90s-inspired mulberry lip. Matte… high-wattage shine… we don’t care, just bring on the color. Honest Beauty’s Truly Kissable Lip Crayon in Demi-Matte Mulberry Kiss is the line’s go-to for recreating this look, which works on nearly all skin tones with the right liner and layering shades. (We’ll let you in on a little secret: Our newest trick is lining lips with True Velvet Eyeliner in Truly Gold to give lips a rich shimmery undertone before topping with the crayon.)
Whether you’re new to the color or reviving it from the previous era, check out these 3 anything-but-basic ways to sport the style.
- Stain: Get that subtle, just-bitten look by applying the Lip Crayon at the center of your lips. Tap the tint across your pout to finish.
- Demi: Just take our luscious Lip Crayon and layer on as much color as you can handle.
- Full: Think cream blush is just for your cheeks? Not anymore. Pump up your pout with a swipe of Créme Blush in Truly Daring for the boldest berry look.