With all these exciting new makeup and fashion looks hitting the runways this year, do they really expect us to wait till fall? Check out what we’re loving and working into our beauty routine asap.
Turn heads (sans the side-eye) with these simple DIYs for mastering the season’s sexiest green eye looks from subtle to bold.
From glittery lids and painted liner to dewy cheeks and stained lips, get the rockstar-inspired beauty that kicked off New York Fashion Week… in Los Angeles.
Meet Chethana from our product development team, one of the Honest Beauties responsible for keeping our makeup on trend and looking amazing. Check out her spin on our Let’s Be Honest Daring Look.
Meet Lauren, who’s not only one of our models (that’s her under Meet Your Match), but also a talented singer, songwriter and performer. Make her look your own in a few simple steps.
Check out the video below to get her look:
Where are you from and what beauty is like there (beachy and easy, big curls and false eyelashes, etc.)?
I come from Kent, England and, as most people know, it be a little gloomy so I see a lot of women finding other ways to get tan. They love their bronzer and self tanner! I grew up in the countryside and in general it’s a little more casual, but on the weekend some girls like to go extra full-out with full-on glam!
Tell us about your #LetsBeHonest look and why you chose it:
I chose the Daring “Ready to Conquer” Look because as a performer it speaks to me. In order to be my best, I want to feel 100% confident in the way that I look especially on stage. It’s a few steps up from what I would wear during the day, but it’s a transition that gets me into character. It’s exciting and fun to dress up and do something different than your daily beauty routine.
Who or what is your beauty inspiration?
I follow a lot of different make up artists online and I also have worked with some of the best. I’ve picked my fave little tricks from each one and combined them with my own style and technique.
What’s the best and/or worst beauty advice you’ve gotten?
Best: Less is more! Worst: The more, the better!
Even if you’re going for a Daring look, I believe there is a way to apply your makeup so that it doesn’t look like it’s caked on.
What is inner beauty to you?
Inner beauty is an internal radiance that shines just as much as physical beauty. It’s what makes you unique and special. Women always want to be beautiful on the outside and sometimes they strive for perfection, but as we all know, time takes its toll on our bodies so perfection becomes a goal that we cannot maintain. With inner beauty, however, the possibilities are endless. There is no limit to how incredible you can be!
What product can’t you live without?
I love anything that makes my skin glow! I have a tendency to use my lip balm not just on my lips, but on my brows, cheekbones, nose and sometime even under my eyes on the go!
What’s your favorite Honest Beauty product?
I’m soooo happy that Honest Beauty made the multifunctional Magic Balm! It’s lighter than my greasy lip balm and gives that magical glow!
If you were an Honest Beauty Lip Gloss, what shade would you be? (Dreamy, Kind, Generous, Creative, Inspired, Playful)
I love the idea of putting a positive word on your beauty products so that when you apply you set your intuition… genius! I would choose to be Creative. Bring on the ideas!
How long do you take to get ready in the AM? To go out at night?
AM: I don’t like to do much in the morning — I’ll take about 30 minutes. I get cleaned up, put on a little moisturizer, balm and maybe a bit of mascara.
PM: If I’m going out, I give myself about an hour to go in on the glam! I enjoy putting on makeup more at this time. It’s kind of therapeutic, like painting.
What’s the most interesting place you’ve applied makeup?
Like I said, I like to apply lip balm all over my face, but sometimes I’ll take it to the next level. I apply it to my collarbone, shoulders, décolletage, and if I’m showing legs, a line on the top of the knees.
Be Honest: Do you wash your face before you go to bed?
Sometimes. Half the time I’m too tired and just use a makeup remover wipe.
Finish this sentence: #LetsBeHonest, I wear makeup because:
It makes me feel confident and feminine ;).
Show us your signature look and be a part of our Lookbook using #LetsBeHonest!
Dial up your street style and selfie traffic by complementing this season’s hottest sartorial trends with simple, one-step makeup looks. Check out these pairings and improv your own:
- Cut-Up Skirts + Contoured Cheeks — Temps may be nosediving, but skirt styles are keeping things hot. Slits, car wash pleats, fringe and strategically placed cut-outs show whispers of skin while adding a touch of movement. What pairs better with this playfully chic style than a more structured cheek? Opt for applying an illuminator in a dark shade in the hollows of the cheekbones just beneath the cheekbone blending up into the hairline. Dust highlighter or sweep balm onto cheekbones to add even more depth and glow.
- Monochromatic Grays + Metal Shadows — Gray gets a bad rap, but it happens to be one of the season’s least boring ways to style (50 Shades, notwithstanding…). From cozy oversized turtlenecks to sleek suit silhouettes, mixing patterns, textures and detailing keeps things interesting. Play up the season’s color of choice with shimmery gray accent shadows, bold monochromatic lids or a smoldering smoky eye.
- ’70s Vibes + ’70 Palettes — Channeling your inner Studio 54 doesn’t have to stop with flared bottoms, boho tops and disco-inspired dresses. Soft eyeshadows in marine blues and rich browns or lip colors in creamy mulberry and glistening pinks also capture the look.
- Bold Bags + Pops of Lip Color — This season’s most cheerful street styles are punctuated with bright bags in a range of vibrant reds and pinks. Make a matching statement with a pout just as showstopping and memorable in equally intense reds and vivid fuchsias. Keep clothes on the understated side so accessories — and lips — take centerstage.
- Fringe + More Fringe — Since fringe everything simply won’t jump the shark, jump on the bandwagon in a fresh way with ultra-dramatic lashes and liners. We’re taking beauty inspo straight from bags and booties to the eyes with insanely sky-high lashes and equally intense eyeliners. From smudged and smeared to severe and double cat eyed, this season’s “anything goes approach” to eyeliners plays nicely with the sexy fringe aesthetic.
- Lush Collars + Lustrous Glows — Whether faux fur, velvets, lace or cashmere, neck fashion (yep, that is a real thing) is all about texture and fabrics. Think chunky knits, lacy bands, high-drama collars and ’70s bow blouses. Rather than let your makeup compete, go with the glow by highlighting your skin’s radiance with primers and powders that play up your style and your flawlessness, not to mention the oft-neglected neckline.
- Purple-Pink Accents + Flush Cheeks — Fall’s yummiest take on pink is sort of pink, sort of purple and all kinds of gorgeous. We love sporting the look with the softest blush of color on the apples of our cheeks to brighten the face and enhance the fashion statement.
Snap and share your fave fashion inspo #LetsBeHonest.
Squeeze this baby in your evening bag for glam on the go.
There haven’t been too many new and exciting things to say about double-duty beauty. Who doesn’t crave products that multitask for miles? Especially when we’re toting them around town for 24-7 touch-ups. Enter Créme Blush, an addictively versatile, three-in-one buildable blush that works hard to maximize color and staying power. With six fab shades, it easily doubles as an eyeliner and creamy shadow without giving you that creepy monochromatic doll look. (You know the one.)
Our makeup gurus reco applying the color with a brush, but our beauty hackers say it’s just as fast as easy to apply with clean fingertips. Mix in a little Luminizing Powder to create a powdery effect on lids or a more matte look for lips.
And because the formula is made from botanical ingredients like apple, raspberry, grape, blackberry and vanilla extracts, it’s just as nourishing to lids as it is to cheeks. We love it both as pop of liquid-looking eyeshadow or a sleek eyeliner. Now all you need is a party invite, which let’s face it, won’t be a problem.