Spring Break might not be a “thing” anymore for most of us, but there’s no reason you can’t grab a good book and embrace the vacation state of mind. Here’s what some of the Honest Beauties are reading this month…
- The Lonely City: Adventures in the Art of Being Alone by Olivia Liang — Centered in New York City, this elegant blend of memoir, biography and cultural criticism takes an honest look at the way we engage with one another. It’s a one-of-a-kind read that will have you taking a look at your own life.
- Attachments by Rainbow Rowell — Imagine that the new IT security guy starts monitoring emails between you and your work-BFF… and then falls for you. This story is a silly, yet sweet spin on office romance that you may just finish in one sitting.
- Fates and Furies by Lauren Groff — Sitting atop almost every bestseller list, this tale examines both sides of an outwardly perfect marriage. This playful read about modern matrimony will remind you to never judge a book by its cover.
- Luckiest Girl Alive by Jessica Knoll — Fans of Gone Girl will flock to this work of fiction. What can we say? We love any page-turner that keeps us guessing.
- Girl at War by Sara Nović — Nović’s debut novel is a careful coming-of-age story that looks at how details of your childhood can shape the entire course of your life. If that sounds daunting, we suggest reading with a scotch.
- Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty — This satirical hit explores the secrets of a seemingly perfect suburban neighborhood. Get to this one quick, because it’s being made into an HBO miniseries (starring Reese Witherspoon and Nicole Kidman).
- Eight Hundred Grapes by Laura Dave — Titled after the number of grapes it takes to make one bottle of wine, this novel explores relationships in all their complexity. Enjoy poolside with a heavy pour of rosé.
What are you reading right now? We’d love to get some good recs in the comments section below.