Where you’re from and what beauty is like there (beachy and easy, big curls and false eyelashes, etc.):
I was born and raised in Lake Forest, CA where beauty is natural and “girl next door.” During the day, beachy hair and the no-makeup makeup look is king, but at night, many will break out their daring looks.
Tell us about your #LetsBeHonest look and why you chose it:
My glam Run the World-inspired look came to me after watching Beyoncé videos on repeat. I don’t normally rock a red lip and smoky eye, but #letsbehonest, it’s pretty fun.
Who or what is your beauty inspiration?
The beach. Salty, textured hair and glowing skin!
What’s the best and/or worst beauty advice you’ve gotten?
The best: Using coconut oil to remove eye make-up. It smells amazing and isn’t too harsh.
What is inner beauty to you?
Empathy and tolerance.
What product can’t you live without?
Hydration mist! I take it everywhere for a quick refresh.
What’s your favorite Honest Beauty Product?
Right now, Concealer Duo.
If you were an Honest Beauty Lip Gloss, what shade would you be? (Dreamy, Kind, Generous, Creative, Inspired, Playful)
Dreamy kiss — minimal but enhances your natural lip pigment.
How long do you take to get ready in the AM? To go out at night?
AM: 30 min. PM: 30 to 60 min depending on the plan.
What’s the most interesting place you’ve applied makeup?
My rearview mirror — while parked, of course.
Be Honest: Do you wash your face before you go to bed?
Yes, is that even a question?! I love my skincare ritual and can’t go to bed without it.
Finish this sentence: #LetsBeHonest, I wear makeup because __________:
it’s fun to try out different techniques and looks.
Get Rachel’s “Run the World”-Inspired Look:
- I started with my brows. I used Brow Filler in Rich Brunette to get a thick, healthy, perfectly groomed look.
- Next up, the soft smoky eye. I started with Shade 1 of the Eyeshadow Trio in Truly Effortless Soft Sand, which I swept over my entire lid. Next I applied Shade 2 in the outer corners and top and bottom lash line so it created an elongated V shape. Then I cleaned up and smoothed out rough edges using a Q-tip.
- To line my eyes, I used True Velvet eyeliner in Truly Black on the top lash line, followed by Truly Gold on the lower lash line for instant glam!
- To complete my smoky look, I apply Shade 3, the lightest in the trio, in middle of my eyelid with finger then blended with a brush to brighten my eyes.
- Cheeks were a breeze. I dabbed Créme Blush in Truly Teasing on the apples to give a subtle flush of color.
- I finished the look by sweeping Luminizing Powder in Dusk Reflection to contour my cheeks followed by Midnight Reflection on the highpoints (cheekbones, chins and bridge of nose).
- Last but not least, the lips. The Lip Crayon in Demi-Matte Strawberry Kiss created the perfect full pout.