You asked! Honest Answers.
Love it! This hot trend took on new life after recently rocking runways and street styles. We think it’s pretty dope, too, and despite what you might think, our in-house Honest Beauties prove anyone can wear the trend. The key is finding the right shade for your skin type.
We went to LA-based makeup artist Monika Blunder for a soft, smoky version that can be dialed down or amped up depending on how you do you. Check out Monika’s How-To video and the steps below.
How To: DIY Green Eyeshadow
You Need: True Velvet Eyeliner in Truly Cocoa (or Truly Black), Forest Green Eyeshadow Trio, a blending brush, a crease brush
- Smudge True Velvet Truly Cocoa into upper lash line to create depth. Pro Tip: Monika lines then smudges liner before many looks to create extra depth in the eye. Pretty smart!
- Apply Shade 3 all over lids, working around the crease to the inner corner of the eye then beneath the eye area to the outer corner.
- Layer more Shade 3 into crease for greater definition.
- Sweep Shade 1 in lower lash line for a pop of color.
- Create V-shape with Shade 2 in the outer crease and blend using Shade 3.
- Layer Shade 2 over Shade 1 in the lower lash line. It’s smoky!
- Use Shade 3 in the crease for more definition and blend with a brush loaded with Shade 3.
- Sweep color around the eye area for a super smoky effect.Pro Tip 2: No need go all-green if you’re not up for it. Monika loves lining lower or upper lash lines (or both!) with the color to brighten and pop the eyes.