How do we master those sexy, untamed arches that look straight from the runway? Hint: Going from thin brows to wow is all in the tools. Try our tricks!
Our beauty wish list includes eyebrows like Cara Delevingne or Sofia Vergara, but some of us have gotten stuck in trends of the past and tweezed away our chances.
With the right tools, thick, natural-looking brows are only a few steps away. All it comes down to is a light touch, the right shade and a bold attitude.
- Prep. Keep it simple with an eyebrow pencil and brush. Pencils give you more control and accuracy, while powders can be messy and harder to tame. (We dream of bold brows, not unibrows.) Look for style that’s dual-ended with a retractable pencil on one side and a brush on the other.
- Match. Let your hair guide you. If you are a blonde babe, go a shade darker so they complement your face rather than blend into it. Brunette beauties should stay as close to their hair color as possible for the au-natural feel. Err on the dark side for a sexier look.
- Shape. Brush hairs down toward your eyes to reveal the highest point of your arches. Lightly sketch a guideline or map of your new brow shape, then brush back into place. This prevents you from filling in too much or too little color. Keep in mind no eyebrow is the same. Embrace their uniqueness rather than try to perfect them.
- Fill. Starting at the center, lightly fill with fine, feathery strokes making your way to the end. Where eyebrow meets nose, softly bridge any gaps with short strokes mimicking your natural hairs. Take a step back and look in the mirror. We know you’re looking finnnne.
- Finish. Brush to blend any areas you went a little too Picasso for a seamless finish. Set with brow gel. You’re officially ready to take on the world. Or, maybe a just boozy brunch.