Let’s be honest: You’ve got different looks for different moments in your life and we’re here for you to do you. That’s why we’re asking you to help create the #LetsBeHonest Lookbook, a collection of looks inspired by real women and the honest reasons we wear makeup.
We shot members of the Honest Beauty team and asked them to put their own spin on our signature looks. Next up is the extraordinary Mimi.
Where you’re from and what beauty is like there (beachy and easy, big curls and false eyelashes, etc.):
I’m from Los Angeles. LA can have a laidback approach to beauty with beachy vibes, but it can also have Hollywood glamour.
Tell us about your #LetsBeHonest look and why you chose it:
My #LetsBeHonest look is Chic. Some of my favorite activities are going to happy hour with my friends or trying out a new restaurant. I usually go to these activities straight from work so my go-to look is something I can wear both at work as well as an evening event.
Who or what is your beauty inspiration?
Definitely Blake Lively! She always looks so effortlessly put together. She can pull off any look.
What’s the best and/or worst beauty advice you’ve gotten?
The best advice I’ve gotten is that there are no boundaries with makeup. I can use a lip gloss as a blush and no one would ever know. The worst advice I’ve gotten is to go to a tanning bed in high school. Looking back I can’t believe I did that to my skin!
What product can’t you live without?
The Younger Face Deep Hydration Cream. My skin gets dehydrated very easily and this helps keep it moisturized.
If you were an Honest Beauty Lip Gloss, what shade would you be? (Dreamy, Kind, Generous, Creative, Inspired, Playful)
How long do you take to get ready in the AM? To go out at night?
In the mornings, I take about 30 minutes to get ready. To go out, it can range from 30 minutes to an hour. The bigger the occasion, the more time it takes!
What’s the most interesting place you’ve applied makeup?
On an airplane.
Be Honest: Do you wash your face before you go to bed?
Yes! Every night.
Finish this sentence: #LetsBeHonest, I wear makeup because:
it gives me that extra confidence on an off day.
“My Honest Beauty Chic look is inspired by the
quintessential French woman that always looks polished, put together and oh-so-chic.”
Want to get Mimi’s “Coffee to Cocktail” Look? Here’s how:
- Apply lightest shade of the Warm Sable Brown Eyeshadow Trio all over the eyelid. Use a fluffy brush and blend backwards and forwards.
- Apply medium brown shade just in the crease with a fluffy blush and blend outwards. Then with a smaller brush, apply the same shade on the lower lash line for soft definition.
- Trace Truly Black Eyeliner along upper lash line and wing outwards. Perfect the lines with a cotton bud for a clean crisp line.
- Apply lash primer to upper lashes and let dry. Use 2 coats of mascara on upper lashes only.
- Swirl Truly Flirting Créme Blush onto the apples of the cheeks and blend upwards and outwards for a healthy pop of color.
- Fill in your pout with Strawberry Kiss Lip Crayon for that gorgeous classic red lip with a demi-matte finish. I love to perfect its shape by using the crayon as a lip liner.
Show us your signature look and be a part of our Lookbook using #LetsBeHonest!