You don’t need to be a makeup pro (or Insta-famous) to create insanely gorgeous shadowing and breathtaking definition. Our new Contour + Highlight Kit is designed to be ultra-simple — it’s contouring with your fingertips — thanks to two blendable creams and a shimmer shadow.
We just launched our Contour + Highlight Kit, and it’s kind of amazing. We’re with you… contouring can be daunting, at times, even scary, but we’ve streamlined the process so natural-looking definition, radiance and shadowing. Follow our simple guide for a flawless face sans beauty brushes. All you need is our kit and your fingertips.
Despite the contouring pics gone viral, we’re not painting our face like a clown, rather we’re chiseling and enhancing specific areas. Think of it like our old-time fave Paint by Numbers. Starting with one of the darker shades — or mixing the two depending on your skin color — map out the areas you will contour.
- Swirl + sculpt. Start at the hollows of your cheeks and gently glide your finger down below your cheekbone to shape and slim face.
- Dab + define. Smear a medium amount of product upward beginning at your temples following along your hairline to define your face shape.
- Blend + chisel. Enhance your jawline with more color for a soft structure. Blend down toward your neck. Smudge any excess product on your chin to warm up your features.
- Structure + narrow. Finally, add a bit more pigment by applying color on either side of the bridge of your nose for instant slimming.
Attain a dewy glow and subtle shimmer using the lightest shade on high points.
- Zig zag + brighten. Accentuate the natural light of your forehead in a zig zag motion between your brows.
- Swipe + slim. Make a simple line down the center of your nose for a touch of luminosity.
- Tap + awaken. Brighten your gaze with a touch of shimmer in each corner and on the center of your lids.
- Pat + illuminate. Bring more attention to banging brows by layering highlighter above and beneath the arches.
- Dab + highlight. Tap a bit of shade on the center of your chin for a soft radiance.
Here’s where the magic happens. With your ring finger, create a seamless transition from contour to highlight. Move your finger in a circular motion for a smooth, soft finish. Accidentally blended a little too well? Layer and add more!
Watch the GIF to guide you as one of our HB beauties does it herself!