Our in-house makeup artists innovated completely new looks to help you master one of today’s hottest trends day or night.
Vibrant blue lids don’t have to be intimidating. These four looks are virtually goof-proof thanks to pro tips and tricks from our in-house beauty gurus. Each uses our Ocean Blue Eyeshadow Trio in unique ways for color that can be dialed up or down depending on your mood or your moment.
Look 1: BUTTERFLY KISS
We love this take on a graphic cat-eye. Want more drama? Amp up the sapphire wings.
- LINE. Using a freshly sharpened Truly Sapphire pencil, draw a precise line starting from center of the lids and moving along upper lash line outward to map the shape. When you get to the base or outer lid, create a line upward toward the brow. Color in the shape and the tightline to make lashes and liner effect appear thicker.
- POP. Dampen a flat brush with Elevated Hydration Mist, go over your line map with Shade 1 from the Ocean Blue Eyeshadow Trio. Because no one’s perfect, have a cotton swab close by dampened with Elevated Hydration Mist to clean up mistakes and make the iridescence in Shade 1 pop.
- PERFECT. Using a nude pencil (we use True Velvet Eyeliner in Eye Opener), trace over the top of the graphic sapphire line to even out the shape.
- SHADE. Apply a light shade in the crease of lids to create contour and dimension. We used Dusk Reflection Luminizing Powder.
- PUCKER. Color in lips with Sheer Coral Kiss to finish, topped with Dreamy Kiss in the center of your pop for dimension and pop. No need to blend.
- SHAPE. Starting with Shade 2 in the Ocean Blue Eyeshadow Trio, use a windshield-wiper motion in the crease, starting in the center of the lid where most of the concentrated color will be. By doing the crease first you create the shape for the liner. Carry color high to your eyebrow, blend it out or take a concealer and “erase” the color.
- LINE. Pat Shade 1 right by the lash line across the lid (darkest of the three shades) pop of iridescence and an additional shade which adds dimension to the lid.
- BRIGHTEN. Apply Shade 3 in the Sable Brown Eyeshadow Trio (a matte vanilla) beneath the brows and in the inner corner of the eyes to pop your gaze.
- SMOKE. Pulling away your bottom lid, place Shade 2 in the Ocean Blue trio on the waterline for definition. Take the shade beneath the lower lashes to smoke out and darken the color.
- AMPLIFY. Using a thin, flat liner brush, blend Shade 3 into the crease and work it into the liner to add drama — make sure you blend it where it meets the darker shades. Fan out the top to blend and smoke.
- PUCKER. Dab Sheer Blossom Kiss Lip Crayon onto center of the top and bottom lips then heavily apply Generous Kiss over your entire pout.
- CANVAS. Using Shade 3 in the Soft Sand trio, lay color onto lid starting from the inner corner to the middle, layering in a very gentle patting motion.
- STRUCTURE. Work Shade 1 into the crease in a windshield-wiper motion to create dimension, taking color out past the brow using a light touch.
- CONTOUR. Layer a contouring shade (we’re using Dawn Reflection Luminizing Powder) over Shade 1 of sable brown to soften and layer color. Softly pat Shade 3 of the Sable Brown beneath the arches. Apply Shade 2 between Shade 1 and Shade 3 — right above the lid crease.
- LINE. Using Truly Cocoa True Velvet Eyeliner, create a very thin line exactly where your lashes and lid meet to thicken up the lash line and bring out eyes. Lightly fill in the tightline.
- SMOKE. Pulling out lower lid, apply Shade 2 in Ocean Blue on the waterline, and then use Shade 3 to diffuse Shade 2. The idea is to create a smoked effect on the lower lash line going from dark to light. The darkest Shade 2 on the waterline, shade 1 below and blend with the lightest Shade 3. Finish by dabbing Shade 2 in the corner of the eye to highlight and blend the browns up top with the blues below.
- GLOW. Pop the apples of the cheeks with Truly Teasing Créme Blush, and then layer Magic Balm on top with a blush brush for amazing radiance.
- PUCKER. Sweep Sheer Blossom Kiss all over lips and line with Dreamy Kiss Lip Gloss.
- BOOKEND. Lay Shade 2 on outer and inner corners of eyes, as if they’re bookending your lids. Press in color to get the full intensity of the pigment. Don’t freak out — you’ll eventually blend it.
- FILL. Place Shade 3 between the two Shade 2 bookends and blend slightly.
- BLEND. Apply Shade 1 of the Heather Mauve trio apply into the crease. Using a windshield-wipering motion, blend down into the rest of the shadows to create a seamless canvas where mauve meets the blues. Once blended, you’ll have a highlight in the middle. Be sure not to blend the colors completely, rather just until the different hues meet.
- HIGHLIGHT. Sweep Shade 3 in Heather Mauve beneath the arches and onto the corners of the inner eye.
- LINE. Pulling out the lower lid, apply Ocean Blue Shade 1 onto the waterline to darken followed by Shade 2 along the lash line to create very soft lined effect.
- POP. Finish the eye with a pop of silver right in the middle using Ocean Blue Shade 3.
- BLUSH. Stipple Dusk Reflection Luminizing Powder from ears to the hollows of the cheek then blend it out for a natural contoured look. Add a touch around the hairline and chin for more contour. Using a dab of Heather Mauve shade 3, highlight the cheekbones by stippling then blending again. Top with Truly Thrilling Créme Blush brushed onto apples of cheeks.
- PUCKER. Sweep Marsala Kiss Lip Crayon over your pout, then add Peony Kiss to the center of the top and bottom lips.
We want you ALL to try this trend so we’re giving 10 lucky readers their own Ocean Blue Eyeshadow Trio. Follow the simple steps below to enter. Good luck!
To enter for a chance to win this Blue Eyeshadow giveaway, simply enter a comment by using the entry form below telling us your favorite spring trend. You also have the option (although not required) to earn two bonus entries by subscribing to our blog and following our Facebook page. No purchase is necessary to enter or to win. This giveaway is only open to U.S. residents 18 years and older. The giveaway will run until 11:59 pm PST Monday, May 9th. Ten winners will be chosen at random. Odds depend on the number of eligible entries received. Click here to read the complete giveaway rules.