LA-based celebrity makeup artist Monika Blunder took the blue-eyeshadow trend straight from the runway to the green room where she created Jessica’s coveted smoky eye for “The Late, Late Show.” Since its debut, both Jessica and Monika have been inundated with requests to Get the Look.
Here you go, beauties (and don’t forget to snap and share your look using #LetsBeHonest — we want to see your mad skills!):
- Apply and smudge Truly Cocoa True Velvet Eyeliner along the lash line to add depth to the eye.
- With a dense brush, pat the navy Shade 2 from the Ocean Blue Eyeshadow Trio into the lid. Tip: Don’t bring color too high up to keep the look modern. It should go from the lash line to the crease, but not above.
- From the Eyeshadow Trio in Sable Brown, apply soft stone Shade 1 into the crease to break up the two colors and add definition.
- On the lower lash line, smudge the Truly Cocoa eye pencil to create a smoky depth.
- Apply Truly Black eye pencil to the inner lower and upper rim of the eye.
- Using your index finger, press the shimmering silver Shade 3 (from the Ocean Blue trio) onto the center of the upper lid, pressing back and forth. Blend with a fluffy brush to give a nice reflection to the eye.
- Finish color by taking the iridescent teal Shade 1 and dab in the outer corner in a reverse V to intensify the blue color and elongate the eye.
- Curl, prime and apply three coats of Truly Lush Mascara.
- Finish with the eye look by running Brow Filler through your arches to amp up color (Monika used Rich Brunette on Jessica).
- Start with a darker-than-your-normal shade of Everything Cream Foundation along the jawline for contouring (Jessica is sporting Java).
- Top with Luminizing Powder in Dusk Reflection for a bronzy effect.
- Tap and blend Créme Blush in Truly Teasing on the apples of the cheeks.
- Highlight with Midnight Reflection Luminizing Powder along the upper cheekbones, down the bridge of the nose and the cupid’s bow.
- Even skin tone and mask dark circles using the Concealor Duo (Jessica used Balanced Beige for her skin tone) beneath the eye. Tip: Monika does this after doing the bold eye to help clean up color that spilled or smudged onto skin.
- Layer Lip Crayon in Demi-Matte Honey Kiss, a perfect nude that Monika uses to beautifully balance the blue shadow.
- Top with Generous Kiss Lip Gloss to give more color and shine to the lips.