No need for perfect dexterity or the hands of a surgeon. This simple makeup artist technique breaks down the look so you can DIY in under 2 minutes.
We love a perfect cat eye but we don’t love the pressure of nailing the shape in a single swipe of a liner pen. Turns out, you can achieve pen-like precision with a pencil when you follow a couple of rules. The tricks? Starting with an ultra-sharp pencil and working in small strokes. Check out the steps:
The Classic Cat Eye
- With small strokes, work from inner eye to middle.
- Then work from outer eye to middle.
- Retrace steps to intensify color and smooth lines
- Create wing by extending line at outer eye
- Retrace strokes to make wing thicker.
- Perfect the shape with a Q-tip.
- Soften the inner corners using the smudger.
- Blend the cat eye with an eyeliner brush.
- Darken line by retracing steps one more time.