We love when lazy looks chic. Case in point, these über-fab styles — courtesy of celebrity hair stylist Chris Greene — that are low on effort, but big on impact. Check out his How Tos below.
Whether you’re heating up the beach, a rooftop or a dance floor, summer isn’t the time for high-maintenance locks. We hit up LA-based hair whisperer, Chris Greene, for his fave warm-weather looks that are chic enough for evening, but casual enough for a bottomless brunch.
Even better, you can don them with your favorite romper and be out the door in minutes.
Heidi Braids aka Braided Crown
- Part hair down the middle and secure in two low pigtails behind your ears.
- Braid each pigtail and wrap with a small clear elastic.
- Place the braid across the top of your head, bobby pin it in place. Do the same to the second braid, laying it across the top of your head against the first one.
- Tuck in the ends to hide the elastics and that’s it! Don’t worry about the bits and pieces of hair that fall out — it’s a sexy part of the look!
Slicked-Back Low Bun
- Create a clean, perfect center part. Smooth your hair back into a low tight pony tail.
- Twist your ponytail until it starts to wrap onto itself and becomes a bun at the nape of your neck.
- Secure the whole hot mess all around with bobby pins.
- Spray flyaways with strong hold spray to finish.
Simple Side Braid
We’re obsessed with this creative twist on the braid. There’s something mysterious and sultry about tossing the hair to the side, especially when the braids look imperfect, loose and tossed together last-minute. Super breezy.
- Start with lots of texture in your hair. Use dry shampoo or dry texture spray at your roots to create volume and grit.
- Pull locks over the shoulder of your choice — we know you have a fave side! — then braid it. Let some pieces fall out and stay loose as you twist. Secure with a small clear elastic.
- Finish by pulling out some wisps around your face for that effortlessly chic vibe.