In the spirit of all things honestly effortless and beautiful, we curated a playlist to remind you (and those around you) that you’re perfect just the way you are.
This isn’t your grandmother’s daring playlist. It’s non-stop inspiration in music video form because at the end of the day, aren’t we all just visual creatures? Click, listen, get your Daring Look on.
If cold weather is wreaking havoc on your skin, test-drive this 2-minute, at-home trick for restoring hydration and leaving a spa-like glow. It’s like a trip to the esthetician sans the hit to the budget.
In winter, skin can become super fragile and dry thanks to indoor heat and fire places. In fact, it’s not unusual to wake up with ultra-parched, taut skin. Cleansing your face is the last thing on your mind. Instead of simply splashing with water, try this rad Konjac Sponge trick, a spa-like indulgence that revives skin so it feels refreshed, hydrated and renewed. (Same idea as immersing herbs or vegetables in water to bring them back to life, says our in-house beauty yoda). Here’s the how to:
- Thoroughly dampen sponge with warm or hot water.
- Massage skin in circular motions, sans cleanser, for 2 minutes.
- Rinse and glow.
For snowbirds and beach types who aren’t dealing with winter skin woes, try the same technique using cold water instead of hot.
Meet Meg Marsh. Champion of the mantra “anything is possible with a green thumb, red lip and a couple carving knives” — you’ll have to ask her about that last one yourself. This old soul is The Honest Company’s UX Designer, self-appointed Venice Beach ambassador and, head’s up, amateur ceramics thrower, killing it everyday with an almost zero command of pop culture and the playlist she’s sharing below.
If you think her dinner parties are on fleek, check out her musical tastes (we dare you not to shoulder dance):
- My “driving home from work on Friday, (imaginary) top down” song
“She’s A Bad Mama Jama” by Carl Carlton
Album: Funk Funk
- My “dancing around the house in my underwear” song
“Shame” by Evelyn “Champagne” King
Album: Platinum & Gold Collection Evelyn “Champagne” King
- My “channeling my inner roller girl” song
“Get Off” by Foxy
Album: Get Off
- My “sipping coffee under the bougainvillea” Saturday morning song
“Rescue Song (RAC Remix)” by Mr. Little Jeans
Album: Celeste and Jesse Forever Soundtrack
- My “card sharkin’ on the beach on a lazy afternoon” song
“Grazing In The Grass” by The Friends Of Distinction
- My “up all night, turn that music down” song
“Deep End ft. Eastside & Mayer Hawthorne (Matoma Remix)” by Coucheron
Album: Deep End ft. Eastside & Mayer Hawthorne (Matoma Remix)
- My “staring up at the clouds on a Sunday morning” song
“Gypsy” by Fleetwood Mac
Album: Greatest Hits
- My “probably too drunk for the afternoon” song
“Something About You” by Hayden James
Album: Something About You (The Remixes)
- My “cooking for a dinner party, don’t let the weekend end” song
“Miss You (12″ Version)” by The Rolling Stones
Album: The Rolling Stones Singles Box Set
- My “party’s over, get out of my backyard” song
“This Must Be The Place” by Talking Heads
Album: The Best of Talking Heads
Meet Melissa Williams. Spin Class Junkie, Camping Enthusiast, Dog Lover (Sans Dog), Honest Beauty product manager extraordinaire, and the audiofile who stealthily commandeered our blog to inspire your weekend background noise. Cue the Spotify.
- My “where’s the Bloody Mary station” brunch song: “Sober” by Childish Gambino. Album: Kauai
- My “kickin’ off the weekend” song: “Lost” by Frank Ocean. Album: channel ORANGE
- My “cruising with the top down” song (Jeep sold separately): “Night Like This” by LP. Album = Forever For Now
- My “no clean clothes left” laundry blues song: “101” by WALLA. Single = 101
- My “getting glammed up to watch Netflix” song: “Pretty Young Thing” by Blondfire. Album = My Someday
- My “killing it in spinning class from the back row” energy booster: “I Follow Rivers – The Magician Remix” by Lykke Li. Album = I Follow Rivers (The Magician Remix)
- My “owning my living room dance floor” song: “Good Kisser – Disclosure Remix” by Usher. Album = Good Kisser (Disclosure Remix)
- My “online shoe shopping is not an addiction” song: “Cooler” by PHASES. Album = For Life
- My “I’m about to own the room” pre-party prep: “Ignition/Do You…(Mashup)” by Phoebe Ryan. Single = Ignition/Do You… (Mashup)
- My “someone invite me to their pool” lounge-around song: “Great Escape” by Washed Out. Album = Paracosm
Check them out, pair a song with your favorite look and share your inspiration. #LetsBeHonest