Let’s be honest: You’ve got different looks for different moments in your life and we’re here for you to do you. That’s why we’re asking you to help create the #LetsBeHonest Lookbook, a collection of looks inspired by real women and the honest reasons we wear makeup.
Master Jessica’s chicest day-to-night look and own every room you enter.
So beautifully natural, they’ll wonder if you just wake up this gorgeous.
DIY with simple steps and secret weapons for a striking no-makeup makeup look.
Get the hottest, hit-the-town looks with this arsenal of fierce shadows and luscious lip shades. Selfie-tested, Jessica-approved.
Up your game with a DIY #GNO look that’s all about the sultry smoky eye.
If cold weather is wreaking havoc on your skin, test-drive this 2-minute, at-home trick for restoring hydration and leaving a spa-like glow. It’s like a trip to the esthetician sans the hit to the budget.
In winter, skin can become super fragile and dry thanks to indoor heat and fire places. In fact, it’s not unusual to wake up with ultra-parched, taut skin. Cleansing your face is the last thing on your mind. Instead of simply splashing with water, try this rad Konjac Sponge trick, a spa-like indulgence that revives skin so it feels refreshed, hydrated and renewed. (Same idea as immersing herbs or vegetables in water to bring them back to life, says our in-house beauty yoda). Here’s the how to:
- Thoroughly dampen sponge with warm or hot water.
- Massage skin in circular motions, sans cleanser, for 2 minutes.
- Rinse and glow.
For snowbirds and beach types who aren’t dealing with winter skin woes, try the same technique using cold water instead of hot.
From power pouts and contoured cheeks to fresh-faced glows and sheer lips, there was no shortage of covetable looks at the Elle Women in Hollywood Awards. Our faves, however, prove that the biggest beauty statements are made from the inside out. Check out this roundup of all the ways these A-listers do beautiful (hint: having fun is half the formula):
Flawless looks are all about the radiance, whether you’re going glam or keeping it fresh-faced. Try one or all of these four steps to illuminate the face (and see what glow-getters made the cut for Jessica’s Most Wanted list):
- ROCK ALL-OVER RADIANCE There’s a reason this ultra-luminous liquid nabbed an Allure Best of Beauty award. It’s truly one of those “if I were stranded on a desert island with only one thing in my beauty bag” products. Yep, it really is that great. Jessica wears Everything Primer alone to create the perfect subtle glow or under foundation for a happy, healthy-looking radiance. It’s made with nourishing, antioxidant-rich ingredients and won’t clog pores.Did we mention it can be worn over foundation for a killer glow?! It’s the perfect win-win-win.
- LIGHT UP CHEEKBONES We love powder, but we don’t love that heavy, cakey finish. Lightweight Luminizing Powder is made from finely milled textured powder so it’s ideal for creating a subtle glow that instantly brightens and enhances your natural complexion. Three color options arm you for multiple looks from contouring to highlighting to bronzing. They’re mixable, blendable and versatile, making it a snap to light it up.
- HIGHLIGHT THE BRIDGE OF THE NOSE It’s safe to say that one of our biggest addictions at Honest Beauty HQ, aside from the snack jars, is Magic Balm. Its one-two punch of organic fruit extracts and botanical oils help soften and soothe skin, leaving a chic glow in its wake. No Photoshop necessary. Apply it in a C-curve from your temples down to your cheekbones and on the bridge of your nose for subtle sheen that lasts all day.
- AMP UP LIP WATTAGE Add some Lip Gloss to dial up the radiant look.
There are countless reasons to prime your skin before you apply makeup, but Honest Beauty’s Everything Primer makes it a no-brainer thanks to an ingredient list honestly formulated with safe and effective ingredients and noticeably absent of potentially harmful ones. Maybe that’s why this baby snagged a 2015 Allure Best of Beauty Award days after it launched.
What’s inside? Everything Primer is a uniquely custom cocktail of hydrators, glow getters and illuminators (read: a makeup prep, moisturizer and illuminizer in one beautiful step) including:
- Hyaluronic acid and botanical peptides that work together to smooth skin and reduce the appearance of pores.
- A botanically derived firming ingredient, peony root, that plumps the skin’s surface so it appears more youthful.
- Super skin conditioner aloe vera that hydrates skin.
- Orange flower water and mica, a light-reflecting mineral, that together deliver a subtle radiance.
What isn’t added? Parabens, phthalates, paraffins, formaldehyde carriers, PEGs, steareth-n, propylene glycol, butylene glycol, petrolatum, mineral oil and synthetic fragrances.
This beauty earns bonus points for being versatile enough to work both over or under your foundation. No wonder skin loves it!