Meet Lauren, who’s not only one of our models (that’s her under Meet Your Match), but also a talented singer, songwriter and performer. Make her look your own in a few simple steps.
Check out the video below to get her look:
Where are you from and what beauty is like there (beachy and easy, big curls and false eyelashes, etc.)?
I come from Kent, England and, as most people know, it be a little gloomy so I see a lot of women finding other ways to get tan. They love their bronzer and self tanner! I grew up in the countryside and in general it’s a little more casual, but on the weekend some girls like to go extra full-out with full-on glam!
Tell us about your #LetsBeHonest look and why you chose it:
I chose the Daring “Ready to Conquer” Look because as a performer it speaks to me. In order to be my best, I want to feel 100% confident in the way that I look especially on stage. It’s a few steps up from what I would wear during the day, but it’s a transition that gets me into character. It’s exciting and fun to dress up and do something different than your daily beauty routine.
Who or what is your beauty inspiration?
I follow a lot of different make up artists online and I also have worked with some of the best. I’ve picked my fave little tricks from each one and combined them with my own style and technique.
What’s the best and/or worst beauty advice you’ve gotten?
Best: Less is more! Worst: The more, the better!
Even if you’re going for a Daring look, I believe there is a way to apply your makeup so that it doesn’t look like it’s caked on.
What is inner beauty to you?
Inner beauty is an internal radiance that shines just as much as physical beauty. It’s what makes you unique and special. Women always want to be beautiful on the outside and sometimes they strive for perfection, but as we all know, time takes its toll on our bodies so perfection becomes a goal that we cannot maintain. With inner beauty, however, the possibilities are endless. There is no limit to how incredible you can be!
What product can’t you live without?
I love anything that makes my skin glow! I have a tendency to use my lip balm not just on my lips, but on my brows, cheekbones, nose and sometime even under my eyes on the go!
What’s your favorite Honest Beauty product?
I’m soooo happy that Honest Beauty made the multifunctional Magic Balm! It’s lighter than my greasy lip balm and gives that magical glow!
If you were an Honest Beauty Lip Gloss, what shade would you be? (Dreamy, Kind, Generous, Creative, Inspired, Playful)
I love the idea of putting a positive word on your beauty products so that when you apply you set your intuition… genius! I would choose to be Creative. Bring on the ideas!
How long do you take to get ready in the AM? To go out at night?
AM: I don’t like to do much in the morning — I’ll take about 30 minutes. I get cleaned up, put on a little moisturizer, balm and maybe a bit of mascara.
PM: If I’m going out, I give myself about an hour to go in on the glam! I enjoy putting on makeup more at this time. It’s kind of therapeutic, like painting.
What’s the most interesting place you’ve applied makeup?
Like I said, I like to apply lip balm all over my face, but sometimes I’ll take it to the next level. I apply it to my collarbone, shoulders, décolletage, and if I’m showing legs, a line on the top of the knees.
Be Honest: Do you wash your face before you go to bed?
Sometimes. Half the time I’m too tired and just use a makeup remover wipe.
Finish this sentence: #LetsBeHonest, I wear makeup because:
It makes me feel confident and feminine ;).
Show us your signature look and be a part of our Lookbook using #LetsBeHonest!
“One creates oneself.”
Rebel rockstar and force of nature Grace Jones demonstrated just that when she rocked the Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles under a super blood moon on September 27. Yeah, that’s her on the right getting her body paint on. Yeah, she’s 67. And yeah, that killer accessory around her waist is a hoola hoop.
Even more amazing is her villain look on the left taken straight from the 1984 James Bond film A View To A Kill — she played hot bad girl, May Day.
With Then and Now shots spanning 30 years and virtually no perceptible age difference, we’re giving Grace Jones props for proving once again that inner radiance is the best beauty secret of all. We’re channeling her many looks and musical evolutions to inspire our week!
Sneak a peek behind the scenes of the super-rad grand opening party of Honest Beauty’s new pop-up store at The Grove in Los Angeles. On the scene, all the newly launched makeup and skincare Jessica Alba and her crew unveiled at New York Fashion Week (that’s like 80 different SKUs and 5 gorgeous looks if you’re into numbers).
Naturally, we were there and now it’s like you were, too. Check out the snaps:
Check out these stunning looks from the Emmys (plus how to score them at home!).
1. Pretty in Pink. Emma Roberts proves once again that pink can be as glamorous and elegant for evening as it is gorgeous and radiant for day. Create your own spin on the look with raspberry-hued Créme Blush in Truly Flirting and Lip Gloss in Generous Kiss, a sheer pink nude with just enough color to grab attention. Top with a Luminizing Powder to deliver a radiant look and enhance the shades.
2. The Fresh Face. Jane the Virgin star Gina Rodriguez proves that inner radiance and a touch of nude gloss can easily steal the show. Her nearly natural lip and rosy cheeks let her smile take centerstage. For a pout with a hint of shade, we’re obsessed with Lip Gloss in Dreamy Kiss, a creamy sheer nude that leaves a subtle glow with big impact. For a soft pink flush, opt for Créme Blush in Truly Thrilling.
3. All-Over Shimmer. Julianne Hough’s sexy-looking glow hits all the highpoints: cheekbones, brow bones, chin, shoulders and, yes, even lids. Recreate iridescent eyes with Eyeshadow Trio in Truly Effortless Soft Sand and skin radiance with Luminizing Powder dusted anywhere you’d like highlighted. A touch of Magic Balm applied in a C-curve from temples to apples of the cheeks and on the bridge of the nose amps up that luminous look.
4. Lashes to Lust After. We’ll avoid all the obvious “scandalous lashes” puns, but seriously, Kerry Washington’s sky-high fringe gives her that “I get what I want” look. For delicious volume and eye-opening length, we’re addicted to the Truly Lush Mascara+Primer, a combo that ensures an irresistible gaze and intense, high-impact color.
5. The Power Pout. Um, hello? We’ll have that look, please. Red lips were all the rage at the Emmys and Padma Lakshmi’s insanely vibrant shade wasn’t shy about taking on the trend. Want amped up color with a luscious satiny finish? We suggest Truly Kissable Lip Crayon in Demi-Matte Strawberry Kiss with unforgettable warm red notes and a creamy texture that glides on with precision.
6. Violet Shadows. What’s not to love about Taraji Henson’s entire look? While she’s gorgeous head-to-toe, we’re lusting after the sultry smoky eye that rocked the red carpet (and social media). If you’re looking to play with plum notes, test-drive Eyeshadow Trio in Truly Magnetic Heather Mauve, which works brilliantly day to night. No Emmy invite necessary.
7. A Sexy Flush. What hotter than Taylor Schilling’s interpretation of the coral-red pout? Maybe her natural-looking cheek flush? It’s impossible to choose. Master the lip at home with Sheer Coral Kiss Truly Kissable Lip Crayon, a poppy shade that brightens the face. On cheeks, try Créme Blush in Truly Charming for peach-coral notes or Truly Teasing, a warm nude that’s as versatile as it gets.
8. Golden Eyes. The subtle metallic tones of stunner Christina Hendricks’ shadow and liner perfectly play up her smoky gaze and matte stained pout. Our favorite way to add gold shimmer is with the True Velvet Eyeliner in Truly Gold. Use the tip to line eyes and the sides to shade lids.
9. The Perfect Brows. We admit, Sofia Vergara’s brows aren’t typically mentioned as her best assets, but we can’t help but give her props for stunning, expertly groomed arches that make a glam statement all on their own. To create a similar style, we like Brow Filler in Rich Brunette, a shade that’s versatile enough for a variety of hair colors.
Check out the behind-the-scenes magic of the September cover shoot.
Celebrity makeup artist Jeanine Lobell created Jessica’s cover look using Honest Beauty makeup in a few easy steps:
- Smudge across the lash lines: True Velvet Eyeliner in Truly Black and the rich espresso shade from Eyeshadow Trio in Truly Effortless Soft Sand. Coat lashes in Truly Lush Primer followed by Truly Lush Mascara.
- Pat Créme Blush in Truly Teasing on the apples of cheeks.
- Layer on Lip Gloss in Generous Kiss.