Spring makeup wouldn’t be complete without an update on the irresistibly flirty look. Here’s our take using our new must-haves: Truly Kissable Peony Kiss Lip Crayon and our upcoming hair line! Check out the Behind the Scenes, Get the Look and cue up the Darling Playlist.
Sure, the smoky eye has been around for a while, but this chic look is back and radder than ever. Don’t take our word for it. Ask Patrick Ta, makeup whisperer for the stars, and try his tricks for updating the trend.
Let’s be honest: You’ve got different looks for different moments in your life and we’re here for you to do you. That’s why we’re asking you to help create the #LetsBeHonest Lookbook, a collection of looks inspired by real women and the honest reasons we wear makeup.
Celebrity makeup artist and master of the smoky eye, Joyce Bonelli, creates a must-have party look for Jessica Alba using smoldering pewter and silver shadows.
Celebrity makeup artist and master of the sultry smoky eye, Joyce Bonelli, creates a signature holiday look for Jessica Alba using one palette and infinite inspiration.
So fantastically glam, you’ll be trending before the night is over.
Jessica real talks with celebrity makeup artist Joyce Bonelli about monochromatic skin, her signature looks and the craziest place she’s ever put on makeup. Spoiler alert: It’s not The Valley.
Master DIY glam in minutes with these secret weapons (think luscious red lip) and a few simple steps then cue the selfies.
- Spritz two to three pumps of Hydration Mist on face and neck and let dry.
- Apply a thin layer of primer using clean fingertips.
- Dampen sponge and blend foundation into skin.
- Brush color to the hairline and edge of face, blending to ensure evenness.
- With your ring finger for the lightest touch, apply concealer to the highpoints of the face (bridge of nose, cheekbones) and beneath undereye near the waterline. Use a small brush to touch up.
BROWS Secret Weapon: Brow Filler in Rich Brunette
- Fully pencil in brows for more definition and intense color.
- Brush arches into shape for a dramatic look.
- Sweep shade 1 all over lid to the outer edge of the eye.
- Apply shade 2 in the outer corners as well as along the top and bottom lash line to create an elongated V. Using a cotton swab, clean up and define the color to create the shape you want.
- Blend shadow out to edges with a brush, without applying more shadow to the edges.
- Define the top of the lids with Truly Black liner.
- Line the bottom with the Truly Gold liner.
CHEEKS Secret Weapon: Créme Blush in Truly Teasing
- Using your fingertips, apply color to the apples of the cheeks and blend.
- Lightly brush Dusk Reflection luminizing powder all over the face for a lit-from-within glow.
- Using a brush, sweep Midnight Reflection over cheekbones and the bridge of the nose.
LIPS Secret Weapon: Truly Kissable Lip Crayon in Demi-Matte Strawberry Kiss
- Apply this warm matte red over lips. Layer over liner to deepen the hue or top with a gloss — we love Dreamy Kiss — for serious shine.
Snap and share your Glam Looks #LetsBeHonest #HonestlyGlam.
Honest Beauty’s Channing Perea shares the look she sports when she calls in sick and hits the beach instead. Here, see what inspires this LA girl’s style and watch her makeup tips, tricks and DIY video.