Seattle girl Bree Youngquist puts her own sexy spin on a casual, no makeup-makeup look. Here, she shows you how to channel her fresh-faced vibe in a few simple steps.
Let’s be honest: You’ve got different looks for different moments in your life and we’re here for you to do you. That’s why we’re asking you to help create the #LetsBeHonest Lookbook, a collection of looks inspired by real women and the honest reasons we wear makeup.
We shot members of the Honest Beauty team and asked them to put their own spin on our signature looks. Next up, meet Bree.
Where you’re from and what beauty is like there (beachy and easy, big curls and false eyelashes, etc.):
Seattle, WA. Beauty there definitely can be more low key, but that isn’t always the case. I think a lot of people from the Pacific Northwest like to go with the more natural look, which I personally prefer. Maybe that’s the Seattle girl in me. 🙂
Tell us about your #LetsBeHonest look and why you chose it:
My #LetsBeHonest look is a very simple, fresh-faced look. It’s for the more everyday, casual vibe which is my favorite look to wear. I love getting glammed up, but I what I love more is being able to wear just a couple of products and feel good in my own skin. You have to find what works for you and just embrace what you got!
Who or what is your beauty inspiration?
My beauty inspo is probably Gigi Hadid. She has so many different looks and I love how she is just as beautiful with or without makeup. To me, the most beautiful people are the ones who don’t need a full face of makeup to showcase their natural beauty.
What’s the best and/or worst beauty advice you’ve gotten?
The best beauty advice I’ve ever gotten is not to do anything to my eyebrows. All of my friends waxed their eyebrows so I always thought I should, too, but looking back I’m glad there were people who told me not to because now they are one of my features I get complimented on the most.
The best makeup advice I’ve ever gotten is to put bronzer under my cheekbones. I have such a baby face, it helps me to feel more mature-looking and brings out my features.
What is inner beauty to you?
My mom always told me, “It’s more important to be beautiful on the inside” and it’s so true. Looks fade, but inner beauty always remains. At the end of the day, it’s that genuine compassion that’s really the most beautiful part of a person.
What product can’t you live without?
Mascara! It’s my secret weapon.
What’s your favorite Honest Beauty Product?
Besides the mascara, probably the Magic Balm. I put it all over my face and it gives me a healthy glow. Plus it makes my skin and lips super soft!
If you were an Honest Beauty Lip Gloss, what shade would you be? (Dreamy, Kind, Generous, Creative, Inspired, Playful)?
Hmmmm, probably mysterious…got to keep them guessing.
How long do you take to get ready in the AM? To go out at night?
In the morning, (considering I only hit snooze 3 times) probably 10 minutes, and yes that’s counting me doing my makeup in the car. To go out? Probably 30 minutes, depends on who I’m planning on running into 😉
What’s the most interesting place you’ve applied makeup?
Airplane, didn’t realize how cute the guy I was sitting next to was until after we took off.
Do you wash your face before you go to bed? No…I know I should but I’m too tired at the end of the day!
Finish this sentence: #LetsBeHonest, I wear makeup because _________ :
It’s fun! I genuinely enjoying wearing makeup and getting all dolled up. I don’t wear it because I have to, but because I like to!!!
Want Bree’s “Almost All Me” Look? Here’s how:
“I’m going to show you how to get the real “No Makeup” Makeup look with just a few of my favorite products from Honest Beauty.”
I used: Everything Foundation in Linen with Almond to contour and add warmth; Concealer Duo in Vanishing Vanilla; True Velvet Eye Pencil in Truly Cocoa and Eye Opener; Brow Filler in Dark Blonde.
- Using the lightest shade (Shade 3) of the Sable Brown Eyeshadow Trio, lightly sweep across the lid. Dab right beneath the brow bone to for a brightening effect.
- Blend the medium-brown Shade 2 in to the crease and blend backwards and forwards using a fluffy brush
- With a smaller brush, softly define the upper lash line with the darkest shade. Blend with fluffy brush to marry all the colors together for a seamless finish.
- Using the Truly Black eye pencil, trace above the upper lashes just to add more definition and make lashes look fuller. Follow with Eye Opener eye pencil at the inner corners of the eye for a soft shimmer.
- Apply lash primer to upper and lower lashes. Then use 2 coats of mascara to upper lashes and 1 coat on lower lashes.
- Dusk Reflection Luminizing Powder is my secret weapon. Using a big powder brush, I blend on to my cheekbones, along my hairline and forehead, along the bridge of my nose and a dab on my chin. This adds dimension and warmth to the face.
- Finish with Sheer Blossom Kiss for a soft lip. I always keep this in my purse for touchups