Dial up your street style and selfie traffic by complementing this season’s hottest sartorial trends with simple, one-step makeup looks. Check out these pairings and improv your own:
- Cut-Up Skirts + Contoured Cheeks — Temps may be nosediving, but skirt styles are keeping things hot. Slits, car wash pleats, fringe and strategically placed cut-outs show whispers of skin while adding a touch of movement. What pairs better with this playfully chic style than a more structured cheek? Opt for applying an illuminator in a dark shade in the hollows of the cheekbones just beneath the cheekbone blending up into the hairline. Dust highlighter or sweep balm onto cheekbones to add even more depth and glow.
- Monochromatic Grays + Metal Shadows — Gray gets a bad rap, but it happens to be one of the season’s least boring ways to style (50 Shades, notwithstanding…). From cozy oversized turtlenecks to sleek suit silhouettes, mixing patterns, textures and detailing keeps things interesting. Play up the season’s color of choice with shimmery gray accent shadows, bold monochromatic lids or a smoldering smoky eye.
- ’70s Vibes + ’70 Palettes — Channeling your inner Studio 54 doesn’t have to stop with flared bottoms, boho tops and disco-inspired dresses. Soft eyeshadows in marine blues and rich browns or lip colors in creamy mulberry and glistening pinks also capture the look.
- Bold Bags + Pops of Lip Color — This season’s most cheerful street styles are punctuated with bright bags in a range of vibrant reds and pinks. Make a matching statement with a pout just as showstopping and memorable in equally intense reds and vivid fuchsias. Keep clothes on the understated side so accessories — and lips — take centerstage.
- Fringe + More Fringe — Since fringe everything simply won’t jump the shark, jump on the bandwagon in a fresh way with ultra-dramatic lashes and liners. We’re taking beauty inspo straight from bags and booties to the eyes with insanely sky-high lashes and equally intense eyeliners. From smudged and smeared to severe and double cat eyed, this season’s “anything goes approach” to eyeliners plays nicely with the sexy fringe aesthetic.
- Lush Collars + Lustrous Glows — Whether faux fur, velvets, lace or cashmere, neck fashion (yep, that is a real thing) is all about texture and fabrics. Think chunky knits, lacy bands, high-drama collars and ’70s bow blouses. Rather than let your makeup compete, go with the glow by highlighting your skin’s radiance with primers and powders that play up your style and your flawlessness, not to mention the oft-neglected neckline.
- Purple-Pink Accents + Flush Cheeks — Fall’s yummiest take on pink is sort of pink, sort of purple and all kinds of gorgeous. We love sporting the look with the softest blush of color on the apples of our cheeks to brighten the face and enhance the fashion statement.
Snap and share your fave fashion inspo #LetsBeHonest.